Thank you so much Casey at adoptabookaus for nominating me! I’m so excited because I am so new to this blogging world and this is a great treat. What a great way for small bloggers to be known!
So this award is a way of finding new blogs and getting to know smaller blogs, if you’re nominated just take the badge/button above and post it on your blog!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- What author do you own the most books from?
It used to be Margaret Atwood. I was really obsessed with her writing for a long while. I have since kept my favorites and donated the rest. Now I don’t own as many books as I used to because I have really tried to utilize my local library.
2. What started you reading?
I’ve been reading and falling into story since I can remember. But if I could put my finger on it, it would probably be my mom – the way she fostered reading and would spend time at night reading really fun books to my sister and me. That’s probably what did it. (That, and magic….)
3. What started you blogging?
Well, my desire to write more frequently and my love of story are what started me blogging. My amazing sister suggested it and we talked through the logistics until I was so excited I couldn’t stand it anymore.
4. Who is your favorite fictional couple?
Who is my favorite fictional couple….oh goodness. This is hard. Ummmmm…..Elphie and Fiero from Wicked. Or Aragorn and Arwen in The Lord of the Rings.
5. A book I hate that everyone else loves…
To Kill a Mockingbird. It’s ok – you can say I am a horrible person. I just never liked it.
6. Books that made me want to throw them across the room (because of anger or feels).
Oh gosh – what a great question. Tell the Wolves I’m Home, Chainfire: Sword of Truth, Champion – all because of MAJOR feels!
7. Favorite book quote:
At this point in my life – this is impossible to answer. I have read too many books and loved too many quotes to be able to pin it down. But here is one from The Lord of the Rings:
“‘It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.'”
8. My favorite underrated book –
Oh! Such a good question…hmmmm. Chaos Walking trilogy, Crown and Key trilogy – that I just finished! It is usually whatever I just finished! Ha!
9. If your house was flooding and you could only fit 5 books into you backpack to save them what would they be?
- my small, travel size ESV Bible, Wicked, Lord of the Rings trilogy
10. Who do you like more? Batman or The Joker? Superman or Spiderman? Iron man or The hulk?
This is my kind of question! Batman, Superman and Iron man.
11. What is your favorite book?
Your maniacal laughter is echoing in my brain! I have to say Wicked. LOVE
5-11 Random facts about myself….
- I love anything that deals with comics or superheros! TV, movies, books – name it.
- I enjoy writing and am working on my own YA novel.
- I graduated high school from the American School of Bucharest in Romania.
- As much as I want to devote endless time to writing – this blog or my book – I am a mother and a wife first.
- Because Casey mentioned dancing – I will say that I hated dancing growing up because I was always so self-conscious – but now, if I have the opportunity to dance, I don’t care who is watching.
- My husband is the Green Arrow in disguise and he is the most wonderful man alive.
- The first 3 Harry Potter books were given to me as a gift way before all the hype and I was really skeptical about reading them…glad I got over that!
- My familiar, patronis, spirit guide – what have you – would be a dragon.
- I don’t have any tattoos but if I even had one, there would be no way to stop me and I would be covered head to toe in ink.
- If I were a mutant who was part of the XMEN, my mutant power would be super strength and agility….today. It might be different tomorrow.
- A life skill I wish I was better at – math…of any kind.
I choose you Pikachu! – 5 blogs that I nominate for the Liebster award are:
- Meg at Think Outside the State
- Michelle at The Bibliophile Struggle
- Rina at Booksofthemuggleborn
- Gina at Books a Girls Best Friend
11 Questions for you to answer:
- Who is your favorite superhero?
- Why and how did you start blogging?
- Where is the farthest place from your home that you have traveled?
- What is your first priority in life over blogging?
- What is your least favorite book?
- What book character most describes you?
- What book did you read that haunted – the emotions echoed through you – for the longest amount of time?
- Do you have any tattoos? Of what?
- If you were one of the XMEN, what would your mutant power be?
- What life skill do you wish you were better at?
- What is your current favorite book – if you’re anything like me, it changes!